Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Scrapbooking for Breast Cancer Research

This Saturday, scrapbooking enthusiasts from all over the country will be "cropping" for Breast Cancer Research.  We'll be wearing pink, of course!

You know I love to crop and find it very relaxing. That's why Hubby makes sure I get lots of time for this passion!

This Saturday, we will crop to raise funds for the Susan G. Komen Foundation. 

We crop for our friends who are survivors - like Sue, the owner of Scrapbooks & Memories in Lufkin, Texas and Judy in Port Hope, Ontario.

We crop in memory of those now gone - Jayne Sutton and  Mary Maude Croome - Keith's first wife and my grandmother, who survived for many years. 

We crop so we can get out the word to women to have mammograms and check-ups. We crop to raise funds for research that some day this disease will be eradicated.

Call your local scrapbook store and ask if you can join this crop. Many shops are having all day scrapbooking events.  When I went to this Crop last year, it was my first time and I got hooked! You know, this is a super hobby and this is a great time to try it!

At Scrapbooks & Memories, we will be going at it from 9 to 9 and there will be lots of food, camaraderie, prizes and diligent scrapbooking!

What will I be cropping this week? Well, my sister-in-law's great-grandson's eight-month pictures, of course; some from Vacation Bible School and some old family photos including my Grandmother Croome.  


No comments: